900 Rule Effect
901 Rule Effect Fundamentals
- 901.1 Rule Effect are process performed by the rule if specific occurrence happens during the game.
- 901.2 With the exception of Reload Effect (902), Extra Effect (910), Overboost Effect (911), Token Effect (912), and Shift Effect(913) Rule Effect are checked and performed during priority preprocessing (702).
- 901.2a Reload Effect, Extra Effect, Overboost Effect, Token Effect, and Shift Effect are checked at all point during the game, and if the condition happens, will be performed immediately. This includes in the middle of playing or resolving a card or ability.
- 901.2b If multiple Rule Effect are performed simultaneously, they are performed in the following order.
- Extra Effect = Overboost Effect = Token Effect = Shift Effect
- Reload Effect
- Improper Player Card Effect
- Improper Force Effect
- Charge Excess Effect
- Improper Z/X Effect
- Lethal Damage Effect
- Loss Effect
- Player Damage Effect
902 Reload Effect
- 902.1 At all point during the game, if there are no cards in any player's Deck Zone, and there are 1 or more cards in that player's Trash, temporarily suspend the current processed action, perform the following process immediately, and continue the processed action afterwards. In the following process, the player with no cards in the Deck Zone is called "reload player".
- 902.1a Move all card in the reload player's Trash into the reload player's Deck Zone.
- 902.1b The reload player shuffle (1003) their own deck.
- 902.1c The opponent of reload player choose a card in the reload player's Life, and move that card into the reload player's Charge. The moved card is not a damage towards the player (1001), and that card cannot be played even if it has an Ignition Icon.
903 Loss Effect
- 903.1 Player with no cards in their own life lose the game (101.2).
- 903.2 Player that has no cards in both their own Deck Zone and Trash lose the game (101.2).
904 Lethal Damage Effect
- 904.1 Z/X on any Square that received damage equal or greater than its own Power is destroyed.
- 904.2 Z/X on any Square with Power equal or less than 0 is destroyed.
905 Improper Z/X Effect
- 905.1 If there are several Z/X with the same owner on any Square, the owner choose the newest Z/X placed on that Square, and move the other Z/X into its owner's Trash.
- 905.1 If there are several Z/X with different owner on any Square, move all Z/X whose owner are different from the owner of the oldest Z/X placed on that Square into their owner's Trash.
- 905.1 If there is a Z/X on any Player Square whose owner is a different player from the player that choose that Player Square at the start of the game (402.1a), move that Z/X into its owner's Trash.
906 Charge Excess Effect
- 906.1 There is a maximum limit for Charge to any player, if the number of cards in a player's Charge exceed the limit of that player's Charge, that player choose a number of cards that exceed the limit from their own Charge, and move them simultaneously into their own Trash.
- [ Example ] You are currently the owner of "Fallen Angel of Grief, Lucifer" ( [Always] : Your Charge doesn't have any limit. ), and there are 5 cards in your own Charge. If this "Fallen Angel of Grief, Lucifer" is destroyed, since the limit of your own Charge return to 4, you choose 1 card in your Charge and move it into Trash by the Charge Excess Effect.
907 Player Damage Effect
- 907.1 Each player records the number of damage that they received. This is called "damage that player receives". The damage that player receives at the start of the game is 0.
- 907.2 If any player receives 1 or more point of damage, move cards from that player's Life into Charge. This is performed with the following procedures.
- 907.2a If the turn player receives damage, the turn player perform the following process. If the turn player does not receives damage, and the non-turn player receives damage, the non-turn player perform the following process. In the following process, the player that perform this process is called "damage player".
- 907.2b Decrease the amount of damage that damage player receives by 1 point.
- 907.2c The opponent of damage player choose a card in the damage player's Life, and damage player reveal that card.
- 907.2d If that card is a card without Ignition Icon, move that card into the damage player's Charge. Afterwards, perform the priority preprocessing again from the start.
- 907.2e If that card is a card with Ignition Icon, the damage player is able to play (803) that card immediately, without paying the Cost of that card. If that card is not played, move that card into the damage player's Charge. Afterwards, perform the priority preprocessing again from the start.
- 907.3 Player Damage Effect is not performed while there are another Rule Effect that is not Player Damage Effect that must be performed.
908 Improper Force Effect
- 908.1 If there is a card in the Force Zone with no card connected to itself, put that card into its owner's Trash.
909 Improper Player Card Effect
- 909.1 If a player does not have a card with Player card type that they own on any Square, put a Virtual Player Card (1205) on the Player Square of that player.
- 909.2 If a Z/X Overboost is on Square, the Improper Player Card Effect for the controller of that Z/X Overboost is not checked during priority preprocessing.
910 Extra Effect
- 910.1 If a card with Z/X Extra card type was put into a zone other than Square or Dynamis by a specific occurrence, it is put face-up into Dynamis.
- 910.2 If a card with Event Extra card type was put into a zone other than Square or Dynamis by a specific occurrence, it is put face-up into Dynamis.
911 Overboost Effect
- 911.1 If a card with Z/X Overboost card type was put into a zone other than Square or Dynamis by a specific occurrence, put the upper part of the Z/X Overboost face-up into Dynamis, turn the lower part face-down, and put the Player card that was turned face up on the Player Square in Reboot State.
- 911.2 Effect that was applied to the Z/X Overboost controlled in the previous zone is not applied to the Player card that was put on the Player Square because of Overboost Effect.
912 Token Effect
- 912.1 If a Token was put into a zone other than Square by a specific occurrence, that Token is no longer a card and immediately disappear.
913 Shift Effect
- 913.1 If a card with Shift placed on it was put into a zone other than Square by a specific occurrence, the Shift that was placed on the top of that card is put face-up into Dynamis.