Ignition Overboost (誓装 or 契騎, both reads as イグニッション・オーバーブースト Igunisshon Ōbābūsuto) is a term given to the process of making a Z/X Overboost appear on Square.
Ignition Overboost can be performed through certain Event cards. Event card that able to perform Ignition Overboost may specify the name of Z/X Overboost that can appear through the process, and the process cannot be performed at all if the player can't Ignition Overboost into Z/X Overboost with the specified name in its card name.
Z/X Encyclopedia Entry
The detailed process for Ignition Overboost is as follow:
- Turn the Player card face-down.
- Reveal the lower part of Z/X Overboost that was stacked behind the Player card.
- Reveal a face-down upper part of Z/X Overboost with the same name as the lower part from the Dynamis.
- Join both the upper and the lower part of the Z/X Overboost together as a single card.
- Make the Z/X Overboost appear on empty Square except the opponent's Player Square in Reboot State.
Since Ignition Overboost itself is treated as keyword action, all Z/X Overboost that appeared through this process is treated as appearing per game mechanic. While there is no limit on how many times Ignition Overboost can be performed during a turn, a player cannot perform Ignition Overboost while they still control a Z/X Overboost on Square.
Ignition Overboost does not count toward the once-per-turn limit of playing a Z/X Extra, so a player can still play a Z/X Extra after they performed Ignition Overboost and vice-versa.
- Z/X Encyclopedia (Japanese)